While testing several goggles for DM, Eachine EV800 caught my attention. Not only was the price great but something we have been doing, making a spare fpv headplay as a monitor. Eachine EV800 was designed with that in mind, a separable goggle 5 inch screen that can be used as small monitor with a tripod. Brilliant!
First Impression, we love how it separates and serves as a monitor. In terms of the reception, clarity and usability, we have to report back after a few more tests. Standby.
Target User Segment
Keen FPV Beginner Pilots, First FPV Investment, Ready To Use, Budget USD$79 MAP (June 2016 source: Banggood).
What To Expect If This Your First
High brightness for outdoor use. Screen is 5 inches wide and weighs 391 grams (0.86 lb). On a full charged you can get 3 hours of use. 40 video channels at 5.8 gHz to meet most need.
- Screen size: 5.0 inch
- Screen resolution: 800*480 (clear magnification from lens)
- Screen brightness: 600cd/m2 with high brightness backlight LED for outdoor FPV
- View Angle: 140/120 degree(Horizontal/Vertical)
- Lens 3x boost of the video to provide the best experience in video, 92% transparent rate with no distortion of light
- Built-in 3.7V/2000mAh battery
- Battery Life: 3.5 hours
- Supports: 5-12V recharging voltage range. Accepts 5V power banks or 2S(7.4V)/3S(11.1V) battery as back-up external power. (DM)
- Dimension: 180x145x82mm
- Weight: 375g with 3.5hr 2000mAh battery
- Belt: three-ways adjustable belt
Similar Goggle Alternatives
Users have recommended these 2016 alternatives: Walkera Goggle4 Entry level, Kylin Vision, Eachine EV800. See comparison video.
What we love about it
- A separable goggle 5 inch screen that can be used as small monitor with tripod.
- All the accessories included, such as the 3.5 mm microphone adapter
- The brightness and clear reception (more distance tests in progess)
What is essential we hope to see in the next version
- DVR to record the flight and OSD, for recovery and flight analysis.
- Dual diversity antenna, an option to use two different types of antennas
Tests in progress, be back with videos.. source: http://youtube.com/diydrone Join us, you are welcome to share your reviews, photos and videos here
Contribution by the DroneMission.com R&D Team